The Freedom Historical Society is pleased to once again announce a contest to select photographs for use in its 2014 Calendar. Anyone may submit photos that reflect the calendar theme:
Photographers may submit photographs that capture the character and beauty of Freedom’s community including aspects of family life depicted in events and seasonal pastimes. An independent panel of three judges, appointed by the Historical Society Board of Directors, will select the 12 winning photographs based upon the creative interpretation of the contest theme. Four winners will be chosen in each of three categories: Student, Amateur, and Pro/Semi-Pro. Winners will be announced at a reception in June, the details of which will be determined at a later date. Winning photographs will also be reproduced for public display at the Freedom Historical Society and on our website, http://www.freedomhistoricalsociety.org.
- Photographers must submit their own original work and, if copyrighted, be the sole owner. Photo entries must be an honest and true effort of personal creativity and unique artistic vision. Winning photos will be published as your original work.
- Photographs must be submitted in both 5” x 7” print and digital forms. Prints must be on photographic paper and the digital form can be on either CD (preferred), USB file, or sent individually through email (firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Photo Contest” in the subject line). Photos must be no smaller than 1500 x 2100 pixels (landscape format). Higher resolutions are encouraged for better quality reproduction. Photographs may be color or black and white.
- All submissions will receive preliminary review for contest acceptance and will be disqualified if found offensive, to be a studio image, animation/artwork, or of poor image quality. All entrants must grant the Freedom Historical Society nonexclusive rights to use the photos in future marketing and promotion, including but not limited to, the 2014 Calendar. All photos will receive photographic credit.
- Digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos will not be accepted nor considered. Minor adjustments are acceptable including cropping, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, it will be disqualified.
- If the photo depicts private property, please seek the permission of the property owner if possible. In addition, for a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must submit the written permission of the individual with the Entry Form.
- A 2013 Official Entry Form must accompany your entry along with a $3 fee for each photo submitted. Submit your entries by mail to the Freedom Historical Society, Attn: Bonnie Burroughs, PO Box 548, Freedom, NH 03836. You may also deliver in person to the Freedom Village Store any day between 10 am and 2 pm (in a sealed envelope).
- Additional photographs may be selected for placement in the calendar at the discretion of the Freedom Historical Society Photo Contest Committee.
- Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2013. Address questions to Bonnie at email@example.com or call 603-539-3665.
Click here for the contest entry form.