Collections Assistant (Paid Consultant)*
Hours: 8 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as with the FHS team.
- Ability to establish priorities and remain focused; ability to grasp big picture while working on details.
- Research experience very helpful.
- Competency with computers a priority; familiarity with PastPerfect museum software a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with volunteers, boards, and committees.
- Enthusiasm for history, museums and preservation.
- Knowledge of Freedom history preferred.
- Have the ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Work independently to:
- Input and revise catalog records of museum collection into a database.
- Organize and maintain digital and paper archival files.
- Follow established priorities and regularly communicate with/report to the FHS board as to progress, needs and suggestions.
- Conduct research on Freedom history and family records.
- Revise/update policies and procedures, as required.
- Support the daily operations of the FHS and other tasks as needed.
Letters of interest and experience, or inquiries regarding this job opening, may be emailed to email@example.com by January 7, 2019.
*Consultant position: This is position is for an independent contractor (1099), and as such will be responsible for submitting monthly invoices and progress reports for payment and for filing of his/her own taxes.