CALL FOR ART: PAINTINGS OF FREEDOM
Attention Local Artists
The Freedom Historical Society (aka FHS) has issued a call for artists to submit images of their work in Freedom for consideration and inclusion in the FHS 2017 calendar. More than 200 calendars will be printed and sold throughout Freedom and beyond.
Art selected for Paintings of Freedom will relate to a recognizable aspect of Freedom, and can have been completed at any time. Representation of familiar locations, stories, history, and/or people of Freedom are desired. Seasonal themes are strongly desired.
FHS receipt on or before May 13.
Original two-dimensional art in all mediums may be submitted. Artists must be NH Carroll County residents or homeowners at the time of submission; Freedom artists receive strong preference. Selected original artwork must be available in case it needs to be re-photographed to meet production specifications.
A submission form is available here although a creation of your own form is acceptable to provide the following details:
- Printed name, address, phone, and email
- Up to 2 images of your artwork in digital format
- List describing the work(s)
For Digital Images
Please submit your files on a CD, USB, or JPEG email attachment and oriented as you wish them to appear when projected.
- Images must be high resolution (no smaller than 1500 x 2100 pixels)
- JPEG format (preferably with sRGB color profile embedded)
- Each image must be labeled with the artist’s name and a number that corresponds to a printed list with the following information:
- Image number
- Title of work
- Date made
- Dimensions (height x width)
- Acknowledgement of gallery or owner, if appropriate
All submitted images will be considered and thirteen images chosen for the calendar. Artists will be notified by June 30, 2016 and invited to attend a reception at Freedom Town Hall on a summer date to be determined. The limited edition 2017 calendar will be presented and available for sale at that time.
Selection criteria applied by FHS Art Calendar Committee include:
- Evocation and representation of Freedom cultural life
- Artistic quality
- Balance of seasonal representations of Freedom
- Market appeal
- Illustration of the theme
Images should be of highest quality possible with color accuracy representing original artwork.
Send entries to FHS for receipt by May 13 to:
P.O. Box 548
Freedom, NH 03836
29 Young’s Hill Rd
Nadine Chapman, Project Coordinator
Freedom Historical Society